Yesterday was my 3 year anniversary with Sean. We are postponing our celebration date til Friday when we both have time to do something fun, but we did exchange gifts yesterday.
I know couples are always seeking new ideas for Date nights and especially cheaper ideas. My gift to Sean was a jar full of over 20 date nights that I would enjoy and he wouldn’t have to really plan, just pick one from the jar.
We’ve agreed to pick a date slip every other week on Sunday and mark our calendars so we make it a priority.
Here is the list of dates I put in our jar:
- Alphabet date: Pick a letter from the alphabet and plan the date around that letter. Budget: Free-$40
Step 1. The letter B.
Step 2. Wear something that starts with the letter B, for example: Boots, something Blue, a button up shirt, something black.
Step 3. Go somewhere that starts with “B”. Try a Bar, go out for a Beer, BJ’s Brewhouse. OR do something that starts with “B” such as: watch Batman (or another movie that starts with B), play a Board game,
- Eat-at-home Alphabet date: Pick a letter from the alphabet and plan the meal around that letter. Budget: Free-$20
Step 1. The letter B.
Step 2. Plan your meal. Broccoli, Black Bean burgers, Beer, Brussels Sprouts, Blueberry pie, Blackberry yogurt, Bacon, BLT’s, etc.
- The Mall Scavenger Hunt: Budget: FREE
Make up a list of things to do at the mall. For example:
🔹Pic of someone with brown shoes
🔸Pic of a dodgers shirt
🔹Pic WITH an apple sore employee
🔸Pic of a grandma
🔹Pic of a pair of vans
🔸Pic WITH a stranger
🔸Pic of someone on their phone
🔹Pic of a couple holding hands
🔸Pic of the weirdest thing you see
- Go out to watch a Football/Basketball/Baseball game at BJ's, BWW, or another sports bar. Budget $30.
- Hike to the Hollywood Sign. Budget: Free-$20 (Gas + drinks/snacks)
- Treasure Hunting: Budget: $10-$20 Go to an ATM, pull out $10-20 and then drive around looking for local yard sales!
- Go mini golfing Budget: $10-$20
- Drive-in Theater. Budget: $12 for two tickets. extras: Kettle Corn from Fresh&Easy ($3), Hummus and Veggies (5). Energy drinks ($4), Candy ($3), Starbucks ($6)
- Go on a picnic. (Various parks in Riverside and Corona!). Budget: Free-$10 (Gas + drinks/snacks)
- Game Night! Budget: FREE Card games for two: http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Two-Player-Card-Games
- Go Kayaking. Budget: $20-$40
- Hike the “Big Santa Anita Canyon Loop” http://www.everytrail.com/guide/big-santa-anita-canyon-loop-with-upper-trail Budget: Free-$20 (Gas + drinks/snacks)
- Hike to Graffiti Waterfall http://www.everytrail.com/guide/graffiti-waterfall/map Budget: Free-$20 (Gas + drinks/snacks)
- Hike to the Etiwanda Falls http://www.inlandempire.com/etiwanda-falls-hike/ Budget: Free-$20 (Gas + drinks/snacks)
- Hike/Explore Chino Hills State Park 4721 Sapphire Road Chino Hills, CA 91709 Budget: Free-$20 (Gas + drinks/snacks)
- Go to a new restaurant neither of us have been to. Budget: $20-$50
- Buy cheap Kites from a Dollar Store and fly them somewhere. Budget: < $5
- Buy cheap mugs, decorate them with sharpies. Back for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Budget: < $5
- Go out for milkshakes. Budget: < $5
- Go to the dollar store, each person with $2, and surprise each other with gifts. Budget: < $5
- Go stargazing at a park. Bring blankets, pillows, and snacks. Budget: < $5
- Hike Mt. Rubidoux and Write a bucket list together. Budget: < $5
- Volunteer together at the food pantry. Budget: FREE
- Volunteer at AAB together. Budget: FREE
- Go to a playground and play. Budget: FREE Teach each-other a game you use to play when you were little. Tell stories of when you were growing up. (Think about the stories before you go so you’re ready to share!)
- Go on a prayer walk. Budget: FREE
- Go to the Irvine Spectrum or Victoria Gardens and people watch while drinking Starbucks. Budget: Free-$10
- Go to Disneyland and watch the fireworks. Budget: Free-$10
- Go to Disneyland and take photos hand-standing or doing a pistol in front of major attractions or with Characters.Budget: Free-$10
- Pick a tour or adventure off of http://www.peek.com/ Budget: $30-$100. They have deals for under $20 too.
Interact: Share me with some of your ideas for cheap date night/days!